Home › Rear Admiral (Retired) Syed Ahmed Baqar, HI (M)
Rear Admiral (Retired) Syed Ahmed Baqar, HI (M)
Chief Executive (CE), INFAQ Foundation & CDSS.
- Served Pakistan Navy of about 39 years (1964 – 2003).
- Held important command, staff and instructional appointments at sea and ashore including Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Training & Personnel), Commander Karachi, Principal Secretary to the Chief and Directing Staff at National Defence College.
- Commanded several PN Ships, an establishment and Destroyers’ Squadron.
- Attended numerous professional courses in Pakistan and abroad.
- Held the position of Advisor Education & Training, Bahria Foundation where he was responsible for education audit/monitoring for chain of nearly 3 dozens colleges all over Pakistan, planning business interest through educational and training projects in Pakistan and abroad and implementing and monitoring quality assurance in Bahria Colleges.
- Served as Member, Sindh Public Service Commission and its Member (Examination) from 2003 to 2008.
- Did Masters in Science (Defence & Strategic Studies) from Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad.
- Joined CDSS in 2008 as Chief Operating Officer placing his rich and diversified experience at the disposal of the Centre for academic and management leadership of respective teams.